Friday 2 November 2012

November already!!!!!  Where does the time go?  I'm trying to work on Christmas projects....but I just can't get into it much yet.  I'm sharing a little project I did the other day.  It's a wood block Christmas tree.

I started with 3 different sized wooden blocks.

Here's what you will need:  blocks, glue or decoupage, assorted Christmas scrapbook papers and distress ink.
Glue all the pieces of paper to all sides of your blocks.
Distress all the edges of the blocks, then glue them together.  This is side one.
Side two.  You could drill a small hole in the top and glue in a piece of twine to make it a decoration.

I hope this has inspired you to be a little creative.
Blessings Sherry




1 comment:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

This post is perfect timing, I have some vintage wooden baby blocks that spell out Merry Christmas and I was wondering if plain glue would work to glue them together. Love you blocks. You asked about how I make chalk paint, I use about 3 heaping tablespoons of plaster of Paris for about a cup of paint. I mix the plaster of paris first with about 1/4 a cup of water, when I get it mixed well, I pour it into the paint. I store it in a coffee can with a plastic lid, usually it stores Ok, but if it gets thick I add a little water. My measurements are all approximate, it does not seem to matter much. Hope that helps

Carol